Well Repair Training
This course teaches how to repair the thousands of wells around the world that are not functioning for want of simple repairs. Students learn about common types of hand pumps, how to assemble and disassemble pump parts, and how to troubleshoot common problems.
For shipping outside the United States, please email us for a quote.
- Identify common types of hand pumps commonly found in developing countries
- Assemble and disassemble hand pumps. Includes instruction for India Mark II, India Mark III, Afridev, and Bush pumps.
- Use well repair tools, and learn which tools are appropriate for different situations in the field
- Troubleshoot broken wells and learn common repairs through hands-on learning
- Background on well-drilling methods and water well construction
- Disinfect water wells
- Measure well depth
- Test well water for the presenec of waterborne pathogens
- Retrieve items that have dropped down a well
- Use a tap and die set to thread rod and pipe
- Hands-on instruction
- Training manual
- Resource CD
- Breakfast and lunch
Please email Claudia at Claudia.Daniels@WaterStep.org for more information about scheduling and availability.
January 10-12, March 13-15, May 15-17, June 12-14, July 17-19, September 11-13
There are no reviews yet.