Water Treatment and Health Education Training
This course combines instruction on water purification methods and health education to help people understand the relationship between water and health. Students learn how to set up a water purification system, different methods of water treatment, and tools for teaching health education.
For shipping outside the United States, please email us for a quote.
- Work with communities on drinking water projects.
- Test water for the presence of water-borne pathogens.
- Assemble and use a chlorine generator to kill waterborne pathogens, viruses and parasites.
- Install, operate and maintain a mini-water treatment system.
- Teach lessons in germ transmission, hand washing etc. that are vital to reducing the incidence of diarrheal diseases.
- Use point-of-use solutions to unsafe drinking water.
- Develop a checklist of tools/parts you will need.
- Make a hand washing station with common materials.
- Protect homes and families from flies.
- Prevent common types of parasites from spreading.
- Treat diarrheal illness in babies, children and adults.
- Teach about different food groups and the role they play in good health.
- Give instruction on basic dental care.
- Hands-on instruction
- Training manual
- Resource CD
- Breakfast and lunch
Please email Claudia at Claudia.Daniels@WaterStep.org for more information about scheduling and availability.
January 9, March 12, May 14, June 11, July 16, September 10