Learn how to repair wells, replace hand pump parts, and
troubleshoot problems with common hand pumps around the world.
In Well Repair training, you'll learn how to:
- Identify common types of hand pumps commonly found in developing countries
- Assemble and disassemble hand pumps. Includes instruction for India Mark II, India Mark III, Afridev, and Bush pumps.
- Use well repair tools, and learn which tools are appropriate for different situations in the field
- Troubleshoot broken wells and learn common repairs through hands-on learning
- Background on well-drilling methods and water well construction
- Disinfect water wells
- Measure well depth
- Test well water for the presenec of waterborne pathogens
- Retrieve items that have dropped down a well
- Use a tap and die set to thread rod and pipe
Upcoming Training Dates
Please email Claudia at Claudia.Daniels@WaterStep.org for more information regarding training dates.
- January 13-15
- March 10-12
- May 26-28
- July 7-9
- Hands-on instruction
- Training manual
- Resource CD
- Breakfast and lunch
Well Repair is a 3-day course, and is held at WaterStep International Headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky, unless stated otherwise.
Registration Fee: $300 USD