In Water Treatment and Health Education training, you'll learn how to:
- Work with communities on drinking water projects.
- Test water for the presence of water-borne pathogens.
- Assemble and use a chlorine generator to kill waterborne pathogens, viruses and parasites.
- Install, operate and maintain a mini-water treatment system.
- Teach lessons in germ transmission, hand washing etc. that are vital to reducing the incidence of diarrheal diseases.
- Use point-of-use solutions to unsafe drinking water.
- Develop a checklist of tools/parts you will need.
- Make a hand washing station with common materials.
- Protect homes and families from flies.
- Prevent common types of parasites from spreading.
- Treat diarrheal illness in babies, children and adults.
- Teach about different food groups and the role they play in good health.
- Give instruction on basic dental care.
Upcoming Training Dates
Please email Claudia at Claudia.Daniels@WaterStep.org for more information regarding training dates.
- January 12
- March 9
- May 29
- July 6
- Hands-on instruction
- Training manual
- Resource CD
- Breakfast and lunch